- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
- Primary Location:
2515 Charleston Place, Fort Wayne, IN
- Required Education:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Travel Requirements:
Minor Auto Travel
Murray Equipment is seeking a Production Assistant for our Total Control Systems division. This person will be responsible for assisting the Coordinator with scheduling and coordinating production to assure the accurate fulfillment of customer orders on a timely basis while providing for the timely accurate recording or labor, equipment and inventory consumed and produced in operations. The person will work with planning, purchasing, production and shipping to expedite product through the manufacturing organization. Successful candidates will have prior experience working in a manufacturing setting.
(Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Uses a variety of reports, sales orders and direction from the Production Manager to schedule production activities.
- Tracks inventory levels of critical components, work in process and completion of finished goods orders.
- Creates, communicates, and maintains the manufacturing schedule,
- Modifies and/or maintains records within the ERP system.
- Coordinates the fulfillment of sales & shipping orders using due dates, shipping dates, inventory information, machine times and manpower information, to assure that final assembly and shipping operations are accurately scheduled to allow fulfillment of customer orders.
- Issues production orders and information packets to facilitate the completion of the production schedule.
- Assures that all necessary raw materials and components are available for completion of the manufacturing process using inventory records and physical counts.
- Facilitates the accomplishment of the manufacturing schedule through the monitoring and maintenance of accurate inventory information for critical component inventories and final assembly items.
- Enters and maintains information related to finished goods and completed production orders.
- Assists the Production Manager through the maintenance of a variety of records related to facility maintenance, machine run times, and employee training records.
- Creates and distributes a variety of meeting agendas with input from the Production Manager and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Aids the smooth operation of the business floor by assuring the availability of appropriate office supplies, and administrative activities.
- Supports and may facilitate other non-production activities such as 5S projects and other continuous improvement projects
- Participates in the Quality Systems Management Review Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Alpha/Numeric Keyboard Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Relations
- Material Requirements Planning
- Math Aptitude
- Microsoft Office Products (specifically, Word, Outlook & Excel)
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Use of computerized ERP system (IBM iSeries AS400 based)
- Use of telephones
- Written Communication
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1-2 years prior work-related experience preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Desk work with continuous use of telephones, computers and other office equipment.
- Must be able to travel throughout the facility including other offices and work in a production environment up to 20 percent of the time.
All email correspondences will come from the HR team at Murray Equipment, Inc. using ADP services. Please be sure to check your spam/ junk mail folders for any emails from Murray Equipment, Inc HR